Friday, February 17, 2012

Black & Gray

I was just scrolling through some fashion blogs and I thought, "Hey, I'm supposed to post something today."  This one will be brief 'cause I have a mug waiting to be refilled with green tea and there are some more blogs & books that I want to skim.

Ah, today's outfit is typical of my overall look and one reason that I want to update my style.  My outfit was plain but it coulda been helped with a kick of color like if I had a wine-colored cardigan or a royal blue coat.  Just something to add more of a kick to my look.

What was the outfit?  Basic black Merona pants and a gray Old Navy T-shirt.  The look on its own was OK.  It's just that it became too much because I wore my charcoal gray coat with it...and I wore my black and gray watch...black and gray shoes...and finally black and gray backpack.  It was too much!  A jazzy color would have been nice. 

I wasn't intentionally being matchy-matchy it's just that my shoes and backpack are black and gray.  I do have another watch which is brown.  To me, it didn't make sense to wear a brown watch with my outfit.

I used to wear a ring with this outfit but I tend not to wear the ring too much 'cause I think my skin is allergic to it.
Look's Rating:  Style -  4; Comfort - 7

Do you have any outfits that are too matchy-matchy?  What's your go-to color(s) for jazzing up an outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment