Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Strategy

I need to have a strategy with this style update that I'm conducting.  I like strategies.  They give me a sense of order.  I've got blogs, books, articles, magazines, videos and the people around me to help with refreshing my style.  In short, I have an overabundance of information.

Sooo, a strategy would be much helpful.

I figure initially, it'll be best for me to have a book to rely on.  Just have to decide which one. 

Also, I'll take a look at the blogs/sites which have the "how-tos" of updating one's look. 

For ideas, I'll have a quick look at various fashion blogs, as well as, store websites to see how they pull certain looks together.  How certain colors are worn, what style of shirts they put with particular pants, etc.

At some point, I will have to go shopping.  (sigh)

I'm still sketching out this strategy but it's starting to take shape.  Even posting what I've worn on this blog is helpful in making me more aware of how I'm presenting myself.

Today's outfit:  dark blue jeans and Old Navy horizontal-striped shirt.  The shirt has gray and purple stripes which doesn't sound so great together but it actually works.  This is actually one of my better looks.  The gray sweats are resting today since I'll be returning to work.
Look's Rating:  Style - 7; Comfort - 4 (the jeans feel a bit tight at first...)

What's your wardrobe strategy?  What sources do you use to update your look?  What are your 3 favorite fashion blogs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment