Monday, February 13, 2012

Outfit Conflict

Yesterday, I returned from my sis' Ciao Bella party.  I had a great time with her and enjoyed the lasagna that she made.  The curious thing about the crock-pot lasagna was that it took 5+ hours to make.  My sis said she had to pre-cook everything 'cept for the pasta.  She and I were both a bit puzzled as to the advantages of making the lasagna.

At my sis' on Saturday evening, we watched the news for the updates on Whitney Houston's death.  We also attempted to watch some DVDs.  Horrible Bosses was a bit too crude for us so we stopped it after 5 min.  The Ides of March was too intense for us and we kept dozing off.  We stopped that one after about 20 min of great mental efforts on our parts.

On Sunday afternoon, we did watch 50-50 about the young guy with cancer.  I actually liked that movie.  I didn't think I was gonna care too much for it.  Figured it'd be too preachy or melodramatic but I actually was interested in the movie and didn't find it mentally draining.

And now for the outfit conflict...Well, the outfit conflict was that my "top" (charcoal gray coat) didn't go with my "bottom" (black track pants).  If instead, I'd worn jeans with the coat or a warm-up jacket with the black track pants, then I would've looked a li'l more congruent.  As it was, a part of me looked like I was heading to the gym while another part looked like I was gonna go shopping.  Not cool.

True, it was the weekend and my main wish was to be comfortable but next time, I will also work on being more congruent with what I wear.  Outfit conflicts aren't cool and it had me feeling "uneven" with my look.

How about for you?  What would you have worn with the black track pants?  What outfit conflicts have you experienced recently?  Do you give a hoot about your weekend looks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment