Saturday, February 11, 2012

Low-Key Weekend

The weather here in Oakland is overcast today.  Perhaps it'll burn off soon.  I've spent the morning reading and adding some more fashion blogs to this site.  I love fashion blogs!  The colors, the creativity, the diverse bloggers.  They're just inspiring.

Today, my sis is hosting a lasagna party which I'm looking forward to attending.  She's gonna make crock-pot lasagna.  I've never had it or heard of it before but I'm game to try it.

I wasn't gonna bring anything to the get-together.  My sis said that I didn't need to.  On Thursday, my father schooled me on manners and said that I should bring at least something.  Perhaps, I'll pick up a salad or some garlic bread somewhere.* 

On the weekend, I like to wear something comfortable like jeans or black track pants and a T-shirt.  I think this weekend, I'll be equally as predictable.

In the back of my mind, an idea is brewing to give myself a fashion re-education.  Perhaps visit blogs daily for 15 minutes or check out an in issue of a fashion mag.  We'll see what shall happen.

Essentially, I don't wish to change my style--natural, simple, basic--I do though want to spruce it up.  Update my clothing.  Add a bit more pizazz.  I figure doing this blog will help to keep me accountable.

And yeah, I will share my insights on self growth as they come along...

How about for you, dear reader, do you have a reliable weekend outfit?  Do you wish to update your look or make a bold transition into a whole new style?  More importantly have you had crock-pot lasagna before and is it any good?


In my lust for lasagna, I almost forgot...today is Satisfied Staying Single Day!  If you're a single woman, you can check out this post here.  Best!

*Due to an über-long line at the grocery store and having to choose between missing the bus and standing in line, I ended up not bringing any food for the Ciao Bella dinner.  Will have to plan more wisely next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment