Wednesday, February 29, 2012

please...don't shrink

Since it's getting closer and closer to laundry time, I'm compelled to be more creative with my outfits, to be more "flexible" with what I'd wear.  Last night, I recalled the pants I discovered in my closet last week and I figured I would give 'em a try with my tri-colored pinstriped shirt.  The slight brown stripe in the shirt would be good enough for my camel-colored corduroy pants.

Well, I gave the outfit a try and it worked.  I like the fresh color of the pants and I felt happy to be wearing a different pants color from my typical blue-black-brown merry-go-round.  The new pants even rejuvenated my well-worn shirt.

For footwear, I wore my pants with my black sneakers (my everyday shoes) which I thought was gonna irk me but it worked out.  I didn't feel that the camel vs. black color contrast was too jarring.

For some reason, the pants did feel a bit snug in the waist but other than that I really liked 'em.  Am only hoping that when I do wash them they don't shrink.  That wouldn't be good.

Look's Rating:  Style - 8; Comfort - 6

Have you worn a new item recently that has gone better than expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment