Tuesday, February 28, 2012

[workout] After Five Workout

I gotta admit after I wrote this morning's post I felt pretty bad about skipping out on my workout.  I was like, "Wow, I'm disappointing my readers...so soon."  ;- )  Before I left for work, I tossed in my trackpants, T-shirt, workout gloves and gym towel, just in case.

As my workday progressed, I wasn't 100% sure about making it to the gym.  I'd eaten an odd lunch of chicken enchiladas, veggie chow mein, raw spinach, sole and a tad of teriyaki chicken.  (I'd gone to a hot food buffet for lunch, hence the peculiar food combo.)

Once I enthusiastically told a co-worker at 5:25 PM that I was going to the gym after work then that was it.  It was a done deal.  I would be going.

All-in-all, I had a cool workout.  Ordinarily, I'd go to the gym in the morning so it was a bit weird to make an evening visit to the gym.  The gym was more crowded than it usually is during the morning times.  I wanted to use the treadmills but they were in use so I ended up using the StairMill and the cross-training machine.

I watched some behind-the-scenes story on Lindsay Lohan which wasn't the highest form of entertainment but it held my interest.  I cannot remember at all the music that they were playing.  Perhaps the machines were louder than the music.

I happened to see another co-worker at the gym which was cool.  We were both surprised that we went to the same gym.  

StairMill - 20 min
Cross-trainer - 10 min 

What's your favorite time to workout?  Could you shake up your workout routine by exercising at a different time?

No comments:

Post a Comment